CANSKATE PROGRAM ASSISTANT TRAINING
posted Aug 24, 2023, 11:14 AM
Are you looking to be a CanSkate Program Assistant on a CanSkate Session? Skaters that are at least 10 years of age and working at a Star B session and higher can be a Program Assistant. Program Assistants must attend the training on Friday September 8 from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
New this year – There will be a $75 deposit required for the Program Assistant Jacket. This will be returned when the Jacket is returned. The fee will be charged with the online training registration.
Program Assistants are an important component to any successful CanSkate program. PA’s play a vital role in helping coaches with lessons and assisting skaters. Program Assistants can receive credit towards Skate Oakville registration fees or use the hours towards school volunteer commitment for high school.
CanSkate Program Assistants are required to be available/volunteer for at least minimum 1 session per week. If interested, Program Assistants may be able to work additional sessions pending availability.
CanSkate PA training Day
- Day: Friday September 8
- Time: 6:00pm-9:00pm - Dinner will be provided
- Session: Off-ice and On ice – BRING YOUR SKATES
- Location: Sixteen Mile Sports Complex
- To Register: Log into your account and register for the training.
Register Today! We need you!
LTS REGISTRATION INFORMATION
posted Aug 18, 2023, 10:32 AM
Registration for the Fall session of Learn to Skate opens on Wednesday, August 23, at 10:00 am. Registration is online only. The schedule is available on our website and is also attached. Remember all levels are taught in each session, register for whichever time and rink you want and we will group your skater according to their level.
NEW THIS YEAR!
New Age Groupings (skaters must meet the age requirements by the first class)
- The ages for the 30-minute CanSkate sessions are 3-4 years old.
- The ages for the 50-minute CanSkate sessions are 5-12 years old.
- The ages for the TeenSkate sessions are 13-18 years old.
Introducing Stage 6
- The Skate Canada Stage 6 badge has been added to our Learn to Skate program and will be required for moving into our STARSkate figure skating program.
Intro to Figure Skating
- There are 3 Intro to Figure Skating sessions. These sessions are available as an additional session to skaters registered in a regular CanSkate session.
- The requirements for Intro to Figure Skating are working on Stage 4 or higher. Skaters that skated in Intro to Figure Skating last year may register again regardless of their Stage level.
New procedure for skaters requiring additional assistance
- Skaters requiring additional assistance can register in our regular programs.
- If your skater has any behavioural, physical, emotional, or learning difficulties that require specialized accommodations, please inform the office at Skate Oakville by email at firstname.lastname@example.org when you register.
- Skaters need their own skates! (We recommend Sportchek and Corbetts Source for Sports)
- Skaters need a CSA-approved hockey helmet for all levels. (Ages 3-4 also need a cage for their helmet)
- Skaters need to wear mitts/gloves and warm clothing that is easy to move in. New skaters will want water-resistant pants.
- Skate Canada Equipment Video Link - https://youtu.be/WTQ2Yr5pdR0
See you at the rink!
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
posted Aug 17, 2023, 10:59 AM
To: All Members of Skate Oakville
You are invited to the Annual General Meeting of Skate Oakville, held virtually on Thursday, September 21, at 7:00 p.m. The meeting will be held via a Zoom webinar. The Zoom link will be posted on our website.
The agenda for the meeting is set out in By-law 5.5 of Skate Oakville’s mandate. Agenda items include:
- Election of the new Board
- Presentation of the annual reports
Did you know?
Skate Oakville is a not-for-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors made up of volunteers that oversee and sets the direction for the Club. Any Club member (i.e. a parent or guardian of a skater under 18) is eligible to run for one of the Director positions. If you are interested in contributing to the vision of the Club and are interested in developing experience on a non-profit Board, please consider a nomination to the Club’s Board. To complete your nomination, just submit the 2023-2024 - Board of Directors Nomination Form.docx nomination form via email to email@example.com by September 18.
We look forward to seeing you at the AGM online on September 21.
Skate Oakville Board of Directors