Competitive Levels and Criteria
The Competitive Pairs program is by invitation only.
Please speak to your base coach directly should you be interested in pursuing pairs skating. For inquiries from outside of our club, please email email@example.com .
Competitive Fees, Policies & Refund Info
Competitive fees are based on the length of the session, how many weeks the session runs, and whether or not any coaching is included on the session, or if off ice training is included in the package.
Please note that participation in the Pairs Program on either part time or full time basis is by invite only and is at the sole discretion of Bruno Marcotte.
Mandatory Membership Fees
- The Skate Canada (SC) Fee of $44 is only charged once per year (Sep 1 to Aug 31) and pays for your SC membership and insurance. We forward this fee on to SC on your behalf. The SC Fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The Skate Oakville membership fee of $50 is only charged once per year (Sep 1 to Aug 31) and entitles you to skating on Skate Oakville sessions.
- The Ontario Skaters' Promotional Contest Ticket Booklets at a cost of $80 is our annual fundraiser. Two ticket booklets are included with your registration at a cost of $80. You may sell the raffle tickets to family and friends and keep the money as you have already paid for the booklets. Alternatively you may enter yourself into the raffle and fill out all the tickets with your name. The ticket stubs are due back by Dec 31 so they can be mailed in to be included in the draw. The draw takes place at the Provincials competition in March.
Full payment of mandatory membership fees is required at time of registration. Session fees may be split into monthly installments. Installment option is available for Spring/Summer as well.
- Refund requests must be done by email to the office. (firstname.lastname@example.org). We do not accept changes or withdrawals in person or over the phone.
- The $44 Skate Canada fees are non-refundable for any reason.
- The $50 Skate Oakville fees and $80 fundraising fees are not refundable after the start of the season.
Full refund policies are available here.
We use the same policy for missed classes as the Town of Oakville. "Participants are to attend all classes as scheduled for the program in which they are registered. In the event that a participant is unable to attend a scheduled class(es), make-up classes, refunds, or credits for the missed class(es) will not be provided."
For Policies and Procedures surrounding skating during the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic please visit our COVID-19 Specific Page
Fall Season (F2) - September 14 to November 1
Fall Season (F3) - November 2 to November 15
Fall Season (F4) - November 16 to November 29
Fall Season (F5) - November 30 to December 23
Winter Season (W1) - January 5 to January 31 (Cancelled due to Provincial Lockdown)
Spring Season - To be announced
Summer Season - To be announced
Please see "My Family Calendar" found under "My Account" for your own personalized calendar.
My skater is interested in pairs skating, how do I sign them up?
Speak directly to your base coach for more information. The Competitive Pairs program is by invitation only and invitations are at the discretion of Bruno Marcotte.
Skaters from outside our club can send an email to our office (email@example.com) and we can forward it on to the appropriate coaches.
Does Pairs skating distract from Singles skating?
Not necessarily. When starting out, it is common for skaters to compete in both singles and pairs. We encourage all levels of pairs skaters to complement their training with singles lessons to create a more well-rounded skater.