Competitive Levels and Criteria
The Competitive Pairs program is by invitation.
Please speak to your base coach directly should you be interested in pursuing pairs skating.
Competitive Fees, Policies & Refund Info
Competitive fees are based on the length of the session, how many weeks the session runs, and whether or not any coaching is included on the session, or if off ice training is included in the package.
Mandatory Membership Fees
- The Skate Canada (SC) Fee of $37 is only charged once per year (Sep 1 to Aug 31) and pays for your SC membership and insurance. We forward this fee on to SC on your behalf. The SC Fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The Skate Oakville membership fee of $50 is only charged once per year (Sep 1 to Aug 31) and entitles you to skating on Skate Oakville sessions.
- The Ontario Skaters' Promotional Contest Ticket Booklets at a cost of $80 is our annual fundraiser. Two ticket booklets are included with your registration at a cost of $80. You may sell the raffle tickets to family and friends and keep the money as you have already paid for the booklets. Alternatively you may enter yourself into the raffle and fill out all the tickets with your name. The ticket stubs are due back by Dec 31 so they can be mailed in to be included in the draw. The draw takes place at the Provincials competition in March.
Full payment of mandatory membership fees is required at time of registration. Session fees may be split into 5 monthly installments beginning September 1 (Main Season). Installment option is available for Spring/Summer as well.
- Refund requests must be done by email to the office. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The $37 Skate Canada fees are non-refundable for any reason.
- The $50 Skate Oakville fees and $80 fundraising fees are not refundable after the start of the season.
Full refund policies are available here.
We use the same policy for missed classes as the Town of Oakville. "Participants are to attend all classes as scheduled for the program in which they are registered. In the event that a participant is unable to attend a scheduled class(es), make-up classes, refunds, or credits for the missed class(es) will not be provided."
Summer Season - July 2 to August 16, 2019
Please see "My Family Calendar" found under "My Account" for your own personalized calendar.
Skate Oakville Volunteer Commitment
Skate Oakville is a not-for-profit organization that requires the support of volunteers to operate. As a parent with a skater/skaters registered in any of the Skate Oakville programs listed below, you are required to commit to a number of tasks for the 2018-2019 season. The number of commitments to be completed per family is calculated on a per skater and per program basis, to a maximum of (5) commitments per family. The number of commitments per program is as follows:
- STARSkate A & B: no commitment required
- STARSkate C & D: (1) commitment required
- Pre Comp: no commitment required
- Base Comp: (1) commitment required
- Advanced Comp: (1) commitment required
- Elite Comp: (2) commitments required
- Select Comp: (2) commitments required
- Junior Dance Comp: (1) commitment required
- Dance Comp: (1) commitment required
- Synchro Beginner 1 & 2: no commitment required
- Synchro Elementary: (1) commitment required
- Synchro Pre Juvenile: (2) commitments required
- Synchro Juvenile: (2) commitments required
- Synchro Pre-Novice: (2) commitments required
- Synchro Novice: (2) commitments required
- Synchro Intermediate: (2) commitments required
- Maximum (5) commitments per family
Skaters on Mixed/Open sessions are required to complete the commitment for their STARSkate level.
If possible, please select your volunteer position(s) for the season during the online registration process for programs. The number of credits per position is specified on the list. The volunteer positions will be available on a first-come, first serve basis. If you do not select all of your commitments at registration, please keep in mind that you must register for or have completed all of your obligations/commitment requirements by March 10, 2019 or you will be subject to a charge of $150.00 per required commitment/obligation.
As a reminder for new members, please note that Skate Oakville volunteer obligations must be fulfilled by one of the parents of the skater/skaters. High School students may also volunteer to satisfy High School volunteer hours but those volunteers hours do not count towards the Skate Oakville volunteer obligations. If you have any questions regarding volunteering, please do not hesitate to email the volunteer chair at email@example.com.
As you know, Skate Oakville could not operate without the assistance of volunteers to help out at events. As such, each member’s volunteer efforts are greatly valued and appreciated. On behalf of the Board, we thank you in advance for your continued engagement and your dedication to the club.
My skater is interested in pairs skating, how do I sign them up?
Speak directly to your base coach for more information. The Competitive Pairs program is by invitation only
Does Pairs skating distract from Singles skating?
Not necessarily. When starting out, it is common for skaters to compete in both singles and pairs. We encourage pairs skaters to complement their training with singles lessons to create a more well-rounded skater.