Please read the below documents before visiting the Sixteen Mile Sports Complex to skate on Skate Oakville ice.
Daily Instructions – please see the Rink Entrances portion of this page for information on where to enter.
Skate Ontario Waiver – This will be completed on the first invoice per skater for the 2020-21 season. This policy must be accepted at the time of registration in order for skaters to step on the ice.
Daily Health Screenings – To be completed DAILY only on days you are coming to the rink. Must be completed separately for each individual entering the facility. This cannot be completed in advance, must be done the SAME DAY you are coming to the rink. You can print and complete a paper form, or fill it out online, both formats are linked below.
(Both Updated as of April 9, 2021)
Attention Parents/Guardians: When we are in RED Zone, parents/guardians and/or spectators are not permitted inside the facility for any reason.
As of 12:01am on Tuesday, February 16, 2021 Halton is a RED/CONTROL Zone.
- Maximum TWELVE (12) people per facility (9 skaters, 3 coaches)
- NO Spectators (parents/guardians, siblings etc.)
- NO Parents/Guardians, Siblings etc are permitted inside the facility for any reason or at any time
- Skaters & Coaches may not enter the building more than TEN (10) minutes before the session begins.
- Skaters must only use the assigned seating prep area for their session
- Skaters/Coaches will NOT be permitted on the ice if they are late, regardless of if it is 2 minutes late or 10 minutes late
- Skaters & Coaches must exit the building IMMEDIATELY after their session ends, no one is permitted in the hallways once a session has started
- Skaters are NOT to wait around for friends, siblings, or coaches after their session ends.
- Masks are required for skaters until they step on the ice, Coaches are required to wear masks at all times
- Skaters requiring assistance to put on their skates must put their skates on outside the facility
- NO Dressing Room use permitted
- Skaters and coaches will alternate between the Stands Prep Area and the Hallway Prep area for Rink #1
Rink #2 & #3
- Skaters/coaches will put their skates on in the chairs in the hallway, and bring all their belongings with them into the rink.
- If a skater/coach is on back to back sessions, they do not have to move their belongings from the hallway until they go into the rink for their final session.
- Skaters/coaches will put their belongings on the chairs inside the rink during their session.
- Once the session is over, skaters/coaches will take off their skates at the chairs inside the rink and immediately leave to allow for sanitization of their area for the next group.
Every rink inside the Sixteen Mile Sports Complex is operating as a separate facility with separate entrances. In order to ensure we can continue to provide sessions to our members, and continue to ensure the health and safety of skaters, coaches, members, staff and Town of Oakville staff, these procedures MUST be followed.
All areas outside your specific rink are off limits to all coaches and skaters. Do not cross barriers/curtains for any reason during your sessions. Skaters and coaches who cross barriers to access areas that are off limits for their rink are subject to disciplinary action. Please follow all entry/exit protocols.
Skaters are not permitted to register for sessions that overlap on the two rinks, this means you cannot register for a 2:00pm session on Rink #1 and the 2:30pm session on Rink #2. This is due to health and safety protocols and to avoid crossover from two separate rinks.
Attention Parents/Guardians: As of Monday, November 16, 2020, Parents/Guardians, siblings, and spectators are no longer permitted inside the building due to restrictions on the number of people permitted inside a facility. If your skater needs assistance to tie their skates, this must be done outside before entering the facility.
The Town of Oakville has opened up the Sixteen Mile Sports Complex and granted Return to Play status to Skate Oakville based on the guidelines and protocols provided and communicated to our members. Unfortunately, even as we stress the need for adherence and respect, we have several members that have made it a requirement to develop disciplinary protocols so that we may ensure these privileges are not in jeopardy for the majority that are respecting the protocols.
In the event the Return to Play protocols in place at Sixteen Mile Sports Complex are not adhered to or respected, the following action will be taken.
- A communication to the person/parents of the violation will be delivered. This will be considered a first communication that there is a problem and the actions will not be tolerated.
- If this continues, a second communication will happen, and this will be considered a warning that should the actions continue they will be suspended from activity as well as not be permitted near the facility.
- On the third instance, they will be asked to leave the premises immediately and not permitted to return until notified by the COVID Oversight Group. The COVID Oversight Group will review the situation and determine if a suspension is warranted and the length of the suspension.
These actions are in place to protect the health and safety of all participants including skaters, coaches, parents and staff.
Do I need to complete a Daily Health Screening Questionnaire?
YES. All skaters, coaches, staff, and parents/guardians who are entering the facility MUST complete a Daily Health Screening Questionnaire AND be able to answer “NO” to ALL of the questions. If you answer “YES” to any questions, DO NOT come to the rink.
Do I need to sign in for my session?
YES. All skaters and coaches are REQUIRED to sign in for each session they attend.
Why do I have to sign in for my session?
Per COVID-19 policies and procedures, and regulations set by governing bodies, all skaters and coaches MUST sign in for sessions they are attending for contact tracing purposes. In the event that someone on your session tests positive for COVID-19 we must be able to inform you of this information.
Can I use the washroom during my session?
Skaters and coaches are permitted to use the washroom before or after their session, while they are inside the building. Skaters and coaches are NOT PERMITTED to leave the rink and enter the hallway during sessions. Washrooms are for emergencies only.
Can I watch my skaters session?
NO. As of Monday, November 16, 2020, only staff members, coaches, and registered skaters are permitted inside the facility.
If you (skater/coach) test positive COVID-19:
- The person who has tested positive for COVID-19 must inform the Skate Oakville office as soon as possible after receiving the test information.
- They must inform us of their last visit to the rink, and which session(s) they were on.
- They must quarantine for 14 days before returning to the rink
If you (skater/coach) were on the same session as a positive case:
- Upon notification from the person who has tested positive, Skate Oakville will notify those who have been on a session with this person.
- All those who were on the session must go get tested as soon as possible after receiving this notification
- The skater/coach cannot return to the rink until they are able to provide Skate Oakville with a negative test (screenshot of Negative test, showing name and date).
Missed Sessions due to Positive Test Result or Quarantine (related to a positive test result on a session):
- Keep track of any sessions that your skater has missed that you are registered for
- At the end of the quarantine, or upon providing a negative test result, please email email@example.com with the missed sessions and skater name