Masks are no longer required at most town facilities
On March 19, Halton Region repealed the Regional Mask By-law. Effective March 21, mask wearing is no longer required to enter any town facility, with the exception of public areas within the transit facility and on town buses. While masking will no longer be mandatory, it is important to remember that people will have different comfort levels with the lifting of various COVID-19 restrictions. The town supports residents and their choice to continue the personal protective practices that make them feel comfortable and encourages residents to continue following public health guidance:
- Get vaccinated for COVID-19, including getting your booster shot
- Stay home if you are sick
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently
Please note that provincial and regional regulations require masks to be worn on Oakville Transit buses and within public areas of the transit facility until April 27, 2022.
As our community transitions away from public health measures, please remain kind, considerate and respectful of each other’s individual choices.
- Proof of vaccination/QR Code is no longer required to enter the building.
- Our 3 main entrance doors (Athlete Entrance, Main Entrance, and Library Vestibule) will be unlocked during operating hours.
- Health Screening questions will be posted at our entrances.
- There are no longer covid-capacity restrictions in any of our spaces.
- Off-ice warm-ups may resume if done safely and without risk to the general public. Masks are still required during off-ice warm-ups.
- Masks are still required while indoors